Jessica has a truly amazing & inspiring story to tell. I had the honor of doing makeup for her wedding day this past summer. In the midst of planning her wedding, just 4 months prior to walking down the aisle, Jessica had a bomb drop on her…she was diagnosed with stage III Colorectal cancer (watch some of her story here: http://on.aol.com/video/woman-fighting-cancer-surprised-with-visit-from-military-fianc–518224605) . However, she was determined to fight, and win that fight, and has displayed the most incredible & inspirational strength through it all. Not only did she walk down that aisle, on a beautiful August day, but I’m also happy to say that her cancer is now in remission. Praise God for that! Here is a feature of Jessica’s wedding, on Style Me Pretty: http://www.stylemepretty.com/2015/01/28/elegant-summer-aberdeen-manor-wedding/
Archive of ‘Makeup’ category
(click on picture to enlarge image)
When summer comes around, I instantly switch up the makeup wardrobe & gravitate to beautiful peachy-pink undertones/corals on the cheeks & lips, bronzed & glowing skin, golden hues around the eyes, slather on the sunscreen & waterproof everything! Pictured here are my absolute favorite summer beauty products for 2014!
From Left to Right, Top Row:
- Tarte Blush in “Fearless” (Sephora, Ulta or http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Amazonian-clay-12-hour-blush)
- MAC cosmetics lustre glass in “Lychee Luxe” (Macy’s or any MAC location http://www.maccosmetics.com/search/esearch.tmpl?search=lychee+luxe&search_submit.x=0&search_submit.y=0)
- Tarte Waterproof Bronzer in “Park Ave Princess” (Sephora, Ulta or http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-mineral-powder-bronzer)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation (Sephora, Ulta or http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-Amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation)
Left to Right, Bottom Row:
- Urban Decay 24/7 waterproof glide on eye pencils (Sephora, Ulta or http://www.urbandecay.com/24-7-glide-on-eye-pencil/122.html)
- Urban Decay “half baked” eyeshadow (Sephora, Ulta or http://www.urbandecay.com/urban-decay-blackout-eyeshadow/604214381704.html#q=half+baked&start=2)
- Cover Girl 24 hour lip stain in “Celestial Coral” (Walgreens/CVS/Ulta)
- PCA Weightless Protection SPF 45 Broad Spectrum Sunscreen (http://www.pcaskin.com/weightless-protection-broad-spectrum-spf-45-2.html)
- Make Up For Ever “N9” Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick (Sephora or http://www.sephora.com/rouge-artist-natural-P307700)
- Benefit “Watts Up” Highlighter (Sephora, Ulta or http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/product/view/watts-up)
- L’OREAL Voluminous “Butterfly Effect” Waterproof Mascara (Ulta, Walgreens, CVS)
(NOTE! Tarte is running a sale from 7/3-7/6 with 15% off everything AND a free Amazonian butter lipstick, in one of my favorite colors “plummy rose” with any $50 purchase – see details below)
FREE SAMPLE & SHIPPING ON ORDERS $40 & UP!*
CODE: SPARKLE VALID THRU 7/6/2014 *click here for details.
Cheers to Summer!
alright, let’s be real…You’re all pretty cool in your own way, but when I am talking about cool in this post, I’m referring to the undertone of your skin. I am often asked by my clients how they can determine whether their undertone is considered warm or cool. Here are a few fail-safe ways to do a self assessment & find your answer!
1) Do I tend to burn in the sun?
2) Does Silver Jewelry look best on me?
3) Is a bright white shirt more flattering than a cream colored one?
4) Do the veins on the underside of my wrist appear blue?
—If you answered YES to these questions, you are considered COOL.
1) Do I tan easily?
2) Does Gold Jewelry look best on me?
3) Do the veins on the underside of my wrist have more of a green cast?
4) Does a cream shirt look better on me than a white one?
—If you answered YES to these questions, you are considered WARM.
So now what?
If you have determined that you are a “cool”, that means that you have primarily pink undertones to the skin. The most flattering colors for you to wear are going to be jewel tones (blues, greens, purples), as well as soft pinks, lavender, grey, and black. For the most part, you will want to avoid warm neutrals (peach, gold, brown, copper), as they will tend to wash you out & can make you look sickly.
If you have determined that you are a warm, then your undertones are primarily yellow/golden. The most flattering colors for you to wear are going to be yellow, gold, peach, olive, beige, copper, coral, red & orange!
I hope this helps! Feel free to message me with any questions!
Hi everyone! I hope that you’re all staying warm in the midst of this polar vortex, that is currently taking place in the Midwest!
I wanted to share a few of my 2013 makeup “game changers”. These are products that I have fallen in love with over the past year & have repeatedly purchased & often recommend.
Pictured: Loreal Collagen Volume Mascara, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in “Soft & Gentle” (highlighter), Cover FX Cream Concealer (Medium Pink is perfect for neutralizing dark undereye circles – **thanks to my great friend Maria, of Make Up by Maria Blanco , for this suggestion), Smashbox “Primrose” lipstick (perfect mauvy-pink neutral), NYX “Megashine Lipgloss” (“Beige” & “Natural” are my 2 favorites), NARS “Laguna” Bronzer, Make Up For Ever HD Foundation and…drumroll please…my absolute favorite find & staple in my makeup bag is the “Eyeko” Skinny Liquid Eyeliner.
•When women have blue eyes, that they would like to make “pop”, the best color choices for the eyes would be warm & rich brown tones (with an undertone that reminds you more of milk chocolate, than dark chocolate), as well as gold, & peachy tones. For instance, try Urban Decay’s”Half Baked” on the lid, with MAC’s “Saddle” in the crease (for a daytime look). Pop a little MAC “Swiss Chocolate” in the outer corner to kick it up a notch for night time. Use a rich brown eye liner, such as UrbanDecay’s “Whiskey” or “Teddy” by MAC, and rim the eyes. Finish with a few coats of your favorite black mascara & VOILA!
Previous 1 2 3 Next